Advanced Safety Certificate
Maximize Your Effectiveness as a Safety Leader
The NSC Advanced Safety Certificate program is a nationally recognized safety curriculum based on proven best practices. The ASC© program builds upon knowledge of compliance requirements to further your safety education. It also sharpens leadership skills to drive fundamental safety change throughout your organization.
For individuals on a safety career path, this program provides a starting point, a clear roadmap and best-in-class educational experiences to meet many industry-leading certification requirements.
The ASC Curriculum provides an in-depth look at the issues safety practitioners face every day and offers proven approaches and solutions. The core required course (POSH) provides a solid foundation of knowledge to meet all safety challenges, and the electives allow for a more in-depth review of specific safety topics. Through 12 training days and 7.8 CEUs, this popular safety certificate program will help you learn how to direct your organization’s comprehensive safety plan with greater efficiency and success.
How to Earn The Advanced Safety Certificate
Complete the following required four-day course (2.6 CEUs)
Select and complete* any combination of the four-day courses and one-day classes listed below for a total of 12 training days and 7.8 CEUs.
4-day courses – 2.6 CEUs/four days
1-day courses – 0.65 CEUs/one day
- Team Safety
- Safety Inspections
- Ergonomics: Managing for Results
- Job Safety Analysis
- Incident Investigations
*All course requirements must be completed in a five-year period.
The ASC Program Helps You:
- Learn techniques for a balanced approach to safety management, addressing administrative, technical, and cultural elements
- Develop problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Develop management skills to establish yourself as a problem solver and decision maker
- Determine when, how and to who you should delegate safety responsibilities
- Set safety performance measures for employees and your organization
- Get a head start on a management plan tailored to your organization’s safety and health needs
- Assess your organization’s safety training needs