Safety Management Techniques (SMT)Workplace Safety
You'll learn how to lead safety in your organization, and get your team involved in safety and health efforts.
4 Days (32 hours)
SMT training takes a balanced approach to safety management. This four-day course addresses administrative, technical and cultural issues, helping you effectively manage projects and employees.
Through discussions and in-class activities, this course teaches winning strategies you can easily and cost-effectively implement for your company. You'll gain the tools and skills to enhance your safety management techniques and influence your organization's safety and health efforts.
What You Will Learn:
- How the key elements in safety, health and management influence your organization's safety management focus
- How to identify characteristics of an effective safety management system
- The roles and responsibilities of safety professionals
- The four requirements for creating a positive safety culture
- Strategies and steps necessary for creating individual and organizational change
- How to establish a business case for a safety management system
- How to create a safety and health action plan to improve safety management
- Skills to analyze safety and health issues from a manager's perspective and develop a plan to resolve issues.
This class is ideal for safety leaders. This course meets the needs of safety and health committee leaders, supervisors, and middle/upper managers. Attend this class if you are coordinating, supervising, or managing safety and health efforts at your company.
*Completion of Principles of Safety and Occupational Health (POSH) prior to enrollment in this course is required to qualify for the ASC®.
Earn Your NSC Advanced Safety Certificate
Completion of the Safety Management Techniques course earns you 2.6 CEUs towards the NSC Advanced Safety Certificate, a nationally recognized safety program based on proven best practices.
The robust ASC® program builds upon knowledge of compliance requirements to further your safety education. It also sharpens your leadership skills to drive fundamental safety change throughout your organization.
For individuals on a career path in safety, this certificate program provides a starting point, a clear roadmap and best in-class educational experiences to meet many industry-leading certification requirements.